Friday, March 9, 2012

Why am I experiencing Blue Screen of Death when running Spore in the space age?

Hi,

I have posted a previous question regarding spore and the blue screen of deaths that I have been receiving. Now the reason why I am posting this question is because I think I now know what is causing my pc to experience these errors and I have copied my saved games, files, etc from spore, so I have evidence and a means of repeating this problem when I take my laptop to the repair guys in flint.



Now, this is my problem. Ever since I bought spore, I have been experiencing BSOD whilst playing in the space age. I first experienced these errors whilst playing on my PC, which is now offline because of the 5 blue sceens of death that I experienced on it. Now these problems normally occur when I reach the space age on spore, meaning that the game is very stable and playable up to that point. The only difference is that my pc experienced these blue screens of death 2 weeks after I first bought spore, so for 2 weeks I was able to play the game and a lot of the space age till it happened one night.

My laptop on the other hand experienced its first %26amp; second blue screen of death 10-20 min after I reached the space age. Maybe the reason why my pc took ages for it to experience this problem was due to its hardware being failry new when compared to my laptop remains a mystery, but its possible.



Anyway, when I first experienced a BSOD on my my laptop, I first thought that I was the main reason for the problem because before continuing my saved game on spore, I had downloaded and installed a patch (upgrade) for spore from the official EA site. This is why I first thought that it was caused by this patch because as soon as I had upgraded it, WHAM! BSOD. However, when it happened again to me yesterday, my laptop had just been wiped and I hadn't installed any uprades for spore and any other downloads onto my laptop. It was clean, so there were no other causes for this to have happened to me that point out that it wasn't spore related. What I do know for sure is that I always get these BSOD when my spore is connected to spore's main online server. Oh by the way, incase you are thinking that it has something to do with my internet connection, don't worry because my internet is broadband and it is new, so I doubt that it is connection/modem related. Besides, I used to play WoW on my laptop and have never experienced BSOD. Infact I have never ever experienced BSOD until I bought Spore.



Now, when I first installed Spore on my laptop, I got a message saying that my laptop's vid driver was outdated, so this prompted me to try and update my drivers. However and this is another problem that I don't understand. Everytime I try to update my drivers, which are nearly 8 years old since the drivers on my laptop are 2001, I keep getting messages saying that my drivers are up to date and that there are no other drivers available online to update them. Now I find this very hard to believe because if I'm getting messages from my Spore saying that my vid driver is obsolete and that my game may become unstable or experience problems because of this that I'm getting opposite messages from my drivers saying that they are up to date? This simply doesn't add up. In fact, how come I try to update my drivers, on this laptop and my other PC's, that I get the same results?



Anyway, if my drivers are truly obsolete, which spore says it is and if because of this that they are causing my system to experience Blue Screen of Death, then how do I go about to upgrade my drivers when everytime I try to update my drivers through device manager it fails to find new up to date drivers? In other words, what should I do and are there other alternatives to updating drivers through device manager?

If there are other ways of resolving this problem, then I would greatly appreciate it. Also, please do not suggest fixing this problem through online software i.e. reg cleaner etc that isn't free. I will not pay for a product that requires me to subscribe just to fix a problem. Also, when I did take up suggestions to use reg cleaner, I scanned my system and it said that I have 500+ problems on my laptop, whilst another online software said that I had 1300+ problems on my laptop. How can this be when I have only just wiped my system? It doesn't add up and that's why I won't use these softwares again.



Anyway I hope that this info will be enough for you to understand my BSOD problems, but if you need further info, then please let me know for I have error logs and print screens to prove that I'm not lying.



Thank you for reading this and I hope that you can help me with this. I really love playing spore and I do not want to think that I wasted money when buying this game. Why am I experiencing Blue Screen of Death when running Spore in the space age?
Can you post the details of your laptop so we can see whether it fulfils the minimum requirement to play spore



we need make model memory video chip etc



In general laptops do not make great gaming platforms and looking at spore's system requirements it seems fairly picky. Your laptop is 7 years old makers tend to stop producing driver updates after a certain time, so you may be stuck. You may find an updated generic driver for your laptop, but these tend to be buggy as they would not be specifically written for your laptop



Additionally no software claims to be bug free and as you are getting BSODs on both your machines you may have to rely on a bug fix from spore - if enough people complain.Why am I experiencing Blue Screen of Death when running Spore in the space age?
Could be a problem with device drivers, hardware or software. This problem can be solved by uninstalling new software, updating device drivers and making minor configuration changes . From http://fixit.in/bluescreenofdeath.html . You can also run a free registry scan using utilities from http://re7.info

No comments:

Post a Comment